Thursday, June 24, 2010

Love you so hard

I want to love you so hard that all this darkness will go away
I want to make you a little girl, at least then I had the tools to make you smile
I want you to be 20 again when our lives were so less complicated
A beer and a pretty girl would make us both giddy
How do I find your innocence and give it back to you now?
I can't stop your crying or your pain
I will carry it for you
Let me take all the images in your mind
Let me have all the things that you can't speak of
Let me store them for you so that they will leave you be
What can I do to make it better? Kiss your forehead
Sleep next to you so that you can feel safe
Whatever you need to smile and feel fine
I don't love but a few
You, her
I would give you anything, truly anything
My sacrifice
My season
My little sister
My daughter
My niece
My brave wounded soldier

1 comment:

  1. This beautiful and honest, Baby. I know you hurt for her and want to make it all go away.

    ReplyDelete